Thursday, January 26, 2012

Right now I am huddled in my closet, the doors closed and Yuliya and Lauryn snoring softly outside the doors. It is 11 something.. I couldn't get to bed.. Everyone else is conked. I have had to much excitement, and the best way for me to wind down is to write. However I'm sitting on a loud creak in the floor.. I hope I don't wake anyone up... Nahh. I can't go to bed without recounting the day. so here goes. but p.s, excuse bad grammar/spelling, it's almost midnight and I don't have spell check. ok. here goes.
This morning I awoke, feeling like it was any ordinary morning, but then it hit me... THEY'RE COMING HOME TODAY!. Once I got out of bed, i ate a cookie for breakfast, checked the computer and we all set to work. By 11 we had basically the whole house cleaned, laundry done, kitchen- EVERYTHING. It only took 2 hours. I had been praying, since I had woken up, about the afternoon to come. I was feeling excited and nervous, but That was soon washed away.
After cleaning, we ran errands and got flowers for the table. we were originally going to get balloons, but that did not work out. when we finally got on our way to the Marta, we were all very quiet. That is, until Matt starting asking who owned Canada and such. But I was mostly tuned out to that. I was to busy praying. I was nervous going there.. But I was full of confidence coming back.. When we got to the Marta, I was busy taking as many vids and pics as possible. When we got on the Marta, there was hardly NO ONE on. But that quickly changed. It was PACKED in the middle. We even witnessed some snobby people. SIGH. But when we got to the airport, we went to wait at Hoilihans, upstairs. That is the exact location where we first met Yuliya. I thought it be cool to re-unite there, plus there wasn't anyone up there. But after an hour of waiting for them, we had rotated between up and downstairs. I even almost fell asleep. That was before Matt pounced me. SIGH. BOYS.... FINALLY after an hour of waiting, I saw them coming through the exact entrance we had first seen Yuliya come through. Yuliya came running towards us immediately. She got to Matt first, then Ash then me. Once I hugged her, my nervousness was gone. First thing Mom noticed was my hair and was telling me how much she loved it. I got it all in camera, but I was to busy hugging everyone and telling everyone hi. after moment of realization that it was all over.. we left to the Marta. We had a fun time on the way back. Mom and I sat together, chatting as much as we could. she's been sick so it was hard for her to talk. I was impressed with how much English Yuliya has learned. I noticed Dad and Lauryn call her Yule. I've alternated between Yule and Skeeter. I prefer Skeeter. we tried to explain to her how Ashleys nick name is Ash, Sashy or Squish. Lauryns Lulu, and I'm Morg. (YES, I am called that 24/7) On the Marta she was tired, but managed to play with THE Matts. When we got to steak and shake, The waiter asked: "seven?" Dad replied: "No, six" But Mom quickly corrected: "No.. 7" ... I said in English, that I needed to wash my hands, and Yuliya understood me.. I think she might have said Me too, but maybe not. While I was putting my purse down at the table, she asked- "Wash hans?" rubbing her hands together. When we got to the table and ordering, Yuliya swore she was not hungry. But she wolfed down her burger, before I was even halfway done with mine. The waiter kept bringing us refills of coke cups.. We all sucked them down. Especially, Mom, Dad, Lauryn an Yule. They don't have ice in Ukraine or at least they dont put it in their drinks. So you can imagine we had lots of refills. However, most of them were mine.... I usually have at least 3 refills for every meal. Yuliya teased me, by shoving all the cups towards me, and in her Russian accent say: "six!?" she insisted on taking a pic of me. ;) It began feeling more normal that she was our sister this time. And we were excited. And I really really realized that, everything was going to be different now. In a good way. On the way home almost everyone was asleep. I know Lauryn and Yuliya was. Yuliya was so happy when we got home. She was the first one in the house, and when I made it into our room, she was petting Sophie, who was on her bed. She had the brightest smile on her face, as she walked around examining the room, and looking at the pics on our wall. She wanted to take a shower, but Dad was already taking one, so she said: "PJ's" and changed and quickly jumped into bed. I was like :"OK" After that, I went into Mom and Dads room to chill. I showed Mom the Hope quilt that I had completed and I discussed with them how I think I would like to give it to her. But that I think is about it. I tried to get to sleep, but I couldn't. Around 11 I snuck into the kitchen to grab the laptop case. I originally went to Matt's room, but he kicked me out. So I'm huddled in my closet. Looks like we got another sleep talker. Yule's been talking a little bit. LOL. I think that's it peoples. pictures will be with this post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment